Want to know more about Antique Statues?
There are certain group of people who are interested in collecting antique statues and collectibles. Antique collection is a passionate and profitable hobby.
Antiques represent the true art and history of a place. We have heard of vanished civilizations. However, their identity is preserved by the antiques we find today. That is the reason why antiques are priceless. An antique collector most likely is interested in the history and ancient art of certain places. Antiques can come in different forms like like antique sculptures, painting, coins, decorating pieces, furniture, and many more.
While talking about the antique statues, they can be classified according to the age and style of the statue. The question may arise, how to identify the antique statues? The following tips can help you to determine the real antique statues.
- Antique statues do not have sharp ends. Due to the friction while handling for so many years, end parts of the statue are scrubbed and the carvings can be seen faded. Some parts of statues are even shiny.
- Another factor is age. The artwork and the designs on the statue are most helpful indicators to know the age and origin of the statue. There seems to be certain style and design representing the certain of era when the statue is made. For example plain body with less carving is more prominent design of 17 th century than the carved complex designs of 19th century. Also studying the materials used to make statue like brass, copper or bronze can help in identifying age.
- Also, learning where the statue was made or originated from helps in identifying age of the statue. Similarly trying to find out the artist or manufacturer who made the statue will greatly enhance our knowledge of the antiquity and era of the statue.
- Taking pictures of the statue in questions can do the trick and help you in analyzing it. So, take pictures of the statue from different angles including the carvings, curves, signs or stamps on the statue. Analyzing through pictures will help greatly in the research.
- Certain tools can also be helpful in studying antiques like magnifying glass, Black- light, Digital Cameras, GPS Navigation Device. These tools will simplify the identification of the antique statue.
- A museum can be the very good source to study about antiques. There you can find similar art and designs to compare and know the age of a statue. Like art and design widely used in making statue in 17th century. You can see the reference of the statue in museum to check the age and its corresponding art and designs.
- And finally, indeed taking help of an antique expert can help you greatly to identify age, value and legitimacy of the antique in hand.
Click here, to know more about antique statues and Buddha statues.